Swan's Island Vacations

Rentals on a Maine Island



Weddings on Swan's Island


Would you like to get married on a Maine island? You can! Here is what Gwen May, Swan's Island's town clerk, tells you to do.


    1. If you are from out-of-state call her at the town office to get an application. (207-526-4279)
    2. There is no waiting time.
    3.  If there was a previous marriage, proof of a divorce will need to be shown. A divorce decree with a raised seal is needed.
    4.  She can perform a ceremony and help with your vows. She can do the service as simply as you want and will go anywhere on island that you prefer.
    5.  If you are from Maine, Ms. May would only need to see your marriage application which is filled out by the town you are from.